EASST supports the UN Decade of Action on Road Safety 2011-2020
Our charity objectives are promotion of public safety and public health for the protection and preservation of human life by:
1. Promoting research and providing information on road safety and sustainable transport with special reference to the following issues:
The protection and preservation of human life and public health for drivers, passengers, motorcyclists, cyclists, pedestrians and other road users;
The adequacy of regulation, enforcement, vehicle road-worthiness inspection, insurance coverage, driver training and licensing;
Safe road design and construction;
Safe and sustainable practice in road haulage and public transport and safe public mobility;
Automobile technology designed to enhance safety and fuel economy;
The promotion of fuel economy through eco-driving and other policies.
2. Promoting the improvement of national road safety councils and facilitating the establishment of new councils.
3. Promoting and assisting cooperation between road safety councils and/or other organisations working to promote safe roads and sustainable transport for all road users.
4. Promoting improvement in the safety of motor sport and links to the promotion of safe driving.
5. Co-operating with other charities, voluntary bodies and statutory authorities, particularly in EASST partner countries, who are working towards the same aims.